Pages

Almost July / Summer Bucket List

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Here we are just two days out from July (why does that always feel like the middle marker of summer to me?) and my poor blog has been neglected. I can never decide what I want this space to be - a personal blog for my own development and passions, a photo dump for our daily happenings, or just a place I pop in randomly to ramble on with promises to post more often. For now, in this season, I like the idea of it becoming more of a place to record our every day activities, if only to look back on myself. We've been busy this week with a picnic at the lake yesterday, sprinklers with friends today and visiting a farm tomorrow. I had a grumpy day on Monday when I realized I once again forgot to schedule things with friends and the long week ahead looked looming. 

In all transparency, I struggle with the planning portion of being a SAHM. I can stick to the boring parts of cleaning, naps, meal prep but then I find myself bored or in a rut and I need to remind myself to get out and DO things. I guess it's just the natural introvert in me. I'm working to be better at getting out and doing things, even if no one is around. I mean, really, I haven't had a summer where I didn't work (in the traditional sense) since I was a teenager, so what's holding me back? I tell myself it's a lot of work to plan, pack up, get going but H is at an age where all he needs is some diapers, snacks and sunscreen and he's good to go. I tend to make outings bigger in my mind and need to get over that hurdle. So that's exactly what I did this week. I even made a little summer bucket list for us (and a lot of these can be repeated or saved for the weekend so Ben can join):
  • Giggleberry Fair
  • The Little Pod -- an indoor gym for kids that's perfect for rainy days
  • North Wales splash pad / Promenade shop sprinklers -- both free!
  • Pool days
  • Menlo Park carousel
  • Freddy Hill Farms
  • Bucks County Childrens' Museum
  • Tabora Farms sand pit
  • Nockamixon Lake beach area
  • Doylestown castle park
  • Elmwood Park Zoo
We are checking off the sprinklers with friends today so I'll be back at the end of the week with a photodump. Happy summer, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment