Pages

baby shower & 35 weeks

Friday, March 11, 2016

Next week marks the beginning of month 9! It's so hard to believe the little one will be here in a few short weeks, but we're feeling ready. Week 35 started off with my baby shower on Sunday. My mom and MIL did the most beautiful job making sure my shower was low key, stress free and fun. It was held at Ben's Aunt's gorgeous home and had a light Peter Rabbit theme which was something special between my mom and me. My SIL did a few adorable games, the food was delicious and baby was absolutely spoiled! I have more pictures on my big camera that I'll want to update this post with but for now, here's a few from the good old phone:



so many little friends already!
We spent the rest of the week putting everything away in the nursery. assembling baby gear and enjoying this amazing 70 degree weather. Spring is definitely here and it's so nice to be able to sit outside after work or take Ivy for a long walk before dinner.





As for last week's checklist:


  • wash, organize and put away all baby clothes, blankets and burp cloths My MIL did all of baby's laundry so once we get that back we'll be putting it away :)
  • open and put away all other baby gifts  DONE
  • put together baby gear (crib, pack and play, swings/rockers, etc...)   DONE minus crib which is happening on Saturday
  • send shower thank you's DONE 
  • install car seats and get them checked. Halfway done. Cars eat is in and I will probably swing by the firestation this weekend to get it checked 
  • buy toiletries and misc items for hospital bag and then pack hospital bag & baby's bag. I'm buying toiletries this weekend!
  • buy anything we still need after shower (this will probably be stuff like diapers, wipes, nursing pads, etc...). Partially done. I ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon and will be picking up the rest at Babies R Us this weekend. Yay for giftcards!



I am feeling really good this week minus a little bit of hip pain, but I'm hoping to get lots of walks in over the next couple days to help remedy that. We've got a busy weekend planned with a date tonight, baby stuff tomorrow and a charity event on Sunday! Happy Spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment