Pages

8 weeks, 4 days

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2nd, 2015

Symptoms: The nausea isn't as bad this week which I attribute to learning to manage it better. It definitely comes in waves at certain times of the day so I know that's when I need to get something in my stomach or start sucking on my preggo pops.

Mama: I have a lot more energy these days, I've been sleeping like a rock thanks to my new chiro pillow, and I've been plowing through books. In general, I'm just feeling really relaxed right now which is quite the comparison to how I normally am...guess motherhood has chilled me out!

Craving: not a whole lot, but I have been wanting meat which is sort of an uphill battle for me. I tell myself that there's a reason my body is craving it and it's about the baby right now and not about my ethical choices. I hope once my stomach settles in the 2nd trimester I'll be able to come back to a mostly plant-based diet, not only for myself but because VEGGIES - I haven't seen them in like a month. Can someone come cook for us? :)

Baby: is our little jelly bean! I've been feeling some pulling and stretching in my lower abdomen which means things are growing and expanding down there. We've both been reading out updates in apps and books and it's crazy how much changes in a week.

Right now:  We're looking forward to a low key holiday weekend at home catching up with friends. Our appointment is in 9 days and then if everything checks out, the news will be spread to everyone else who doesn't know. Once everything checks out, I feel like I'll be able to breathe and it will be so nice to have all of our friends know and be able to talk freely. I'm still not 100% sure when I plan to tell work. I planned on 12 weeks but I probably won't be able to hold it in after that first appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment