Pages

Home Again, Home Again & 15 weeks

Thursday, October 22, 2015

We've been home for a few days but I'm just getting around to catching up on here. I have so many pictures that I need to sort through but I feel like I'm still decompressing from our trip. For someone who doesn't really like to fly, having to board three times in a week had me feeling like an old pro by the end of it, not to mention having to do it stone cold sober. Pregnancy: the time for conquering fears head on ;) With that being said, I don't foresee myself doing any more air travel throughout the rest of this pregnancy. I have to give it up my SIL who is 30 weeks and flew down for the wedding! 

Ben flew out again yesterday, this time for business, and won't be back until Sunday so I'm going solo this week. I miss him already, but I think it's safe to say the second trimester energy has kicked in because I woke up this morning with my brain on fire with to do lists. I never get the spring cleaning bug, but come Fall, watch out! We haven't touched the nursery so I want to work on moving all my clothes into our bedroom.  We have a friend installing recessed lighting in there soon, which means I need to get my rear in gear and find a rug and pick a paint color. Speaking of, what we're doing with the nursery has to be one of the most asked questions I get after "any cravings?" and "boy or girl"? (nope and not finding out!).  I honestly am still at a loss as to what I want to do in there. I'm not super into themes or one particular color so I think it will be a process of finding things we love and layering them in there as we go. I just want it to be a peaceful but fun room that can grow with our baby.

As for a pregnancy "update", at 15 weeks I can honestly say I love being pregnant. There's not too much to report on because things are going pretty smoothly but the main thing is that my appetite has seriously surged. Ironically, my bump sort of deflated this week which I heard from my mom friends can be bloat giving way to the REAL bump that's coming soon. I've been sleeping better and like I mentioned, I have a lot more energy. My next appointment is at the beginning of November and then after that we'll have our BIG ultrasound around 20 weeks which I'm so excited for. It's already felt too long since I've seen the nugget and I can't believe I'm a month away from being halfway through this. Time has been flying and I'm truly enjoying this stage of life, so I'm trying to absorb each day.

I'm looking forward to a weekend at home filled with lots of organization and cooking. I'm such a homebody so this actually excites me after being gone :) Also, I'm totally late to the game but I'd still love to carve pumpkins and decorate our front porch, but at this point it might be more of a Thanksgiving theme than a Halloween one. Happy almost weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment