Pages

22/23 week update

Thursday, December 17, 2015

I'm in my 23rd week and it's crazy to think I'll be done my sixth month on Christmas Day. When I got pregnant over the summer I remember counting forward and thinking that 24 weeks was so far along. Now that I'm here and just starting to really feel pregnant, I totally get it now when women told me that pregnancy is loooong. With that being said, I really have been super lucky with an easy pregnancy. And my belly definitely pops more and more every day which I'm happy for so I look a little more pregnant and a little less beer gut ;) 

I've slowly been buying some maternity tops to tide me over but it's been super warm the last few weeks so I've held off on getting any cute sweaters or cardigans and I've pretty much been wearing the same 3-4 shirts over and over to work and stealing husband's sweatshirts on the weekends for bumming at home. Speaking of Ben, he finally felt AND saw the baby move last week which was amazing! We talk to it every day (he sings mostly ;)) and the little one continues to swim around and kick, regularly reassuring me that he/she is doing just fine.  




B finished up hanging the closet doors in the nursery and we got the changing table back in there too so are officially DONE until my shower in March. I'll probably be on the lookout for a rug and some art but other than that, it feels good to be finished with such a big part of baby prep so we can sit back and enjoy a relaxing winter together....when winter decides to get here. Where the heck is the snow?? I wanted a hibernation pregnancy but I'm thinking that's not going to happen until January/February!


I've been going through phases with reading the pregnancy/baby books and since right now nothing too exciting is happening, I decided to take some books out on meditation and breathing exercises for when I go into labor. The books are pretty dated but I like the overall concept and we're still debating if we want to dive headfirst into classes or not. I figure I still have time since you typically don't start them until the third trimester. 


We’re looking forward to seeing some out of town friends this weekend and then we have two short work weeks before diving into the New Year! This is the first year that I don’t have any set goals or resolutions aside from our garden and getting back into running post-baby. It's such a stark contrast from years’ past, but it feels really nice to be so relaxed over the whole thing and solely focused on finishing up my pregnancy and having our baby before diving into anything else. Time is flying and he/she will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment