Pages

2015 / 2016

Monday, January 4, 2016

Whenever I look back on a whole year I'm always amazed at how much has happened. Things just have a way of rolling along with or without our help, but 2015 was definitely a big year of change brought on by our own actions. We kicked off the year by participating in a Whole30, which spurred us to switch to a primarily plant-based diet. In the spring, we doubled our gardens, worked towards some greener methods around the home front, and we started trying. Fast forward to late summer, we found out we were expecting and it's been a whirlwind ever since. Come Fall, we traveled to Nashville and Dallas, the holidays sped on by, and here we are already in January. It's hard to believe I'll be in my third trimester in a few short weeks.

Despite not having any immediate goals for 2016, I'm still super excited for a fresh start. With the baby being born in early spring, I'm looking forward to spending as much time as possible outside with him/her, working on our gardens (homemade baby food!) and getting in lots of exercise. I'm trying to be realistic with just how much I'll be able to do, especially in the very beginning, but I'm really looking forward to being home with my little one and even more excited because a few of my girlfriends will also be home this summer. This is such a sweet season of our life and I honestly think 2016 will be one of our best years yet. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment