Pages

Harrison's First Birthday Party

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

I started planning Harrison's first birthday wayyy back in January so I'm really excited to share his special day here. He earned the nickname "grump toad" when he was a newborn and although he's far from grumpy these days, the nickname stuck and every time I tried to think of a theme for his party I knew I'd regret it if I didn't stick with something so personal and so him - so toad themed it was!

April's a tough birthday month because the weather is all over the place so ultimately I decided we had to do indoor. We rented a Sunday school room at a big church that already had a huge mural on the wall (free decorations!) and they included a projector and tables. My MIL made all the centerpieces, my best friend made his cake and the rest of the food was made from friends, family or from Ben's work (perks of working in foodservice!).

The day couldn't have been more perfect. He took a long nap right before his party and then showed up ready to mix, mingle and play with all his friends. He loved his first taste of sweets and was all smiles and such a trooper until the very end. It worked out so well having his party smack dab between his naps! I didn't take a ton of pictures but I LOVE this first one of him enjoying his cake. I plan to get more family pictures taken in the next couple weeks since our last ones were taken at around 7 months and of course, we'll take some on Easter. I've also linked the slideshow I made for him - I slaved over this (I'm not super tech savvy) and I'm so happy I finished it because it's a little piece of memorabilia we'll have forever. Happy birthday, Harrison!









No comments:

Post a Comment