Pages

Back on track

Monday, April 10, 2017

I started the New Year off strong by doing a Whole30 in January, rejoining the gym in February (and actually going consistently thanks to a 5K training plan!) but the last few weeks I've totally fallen off the wagon. I know it's a combination of things like late work nights and planning Harrison's big bday bash but with Memorial Day just a month and a half away and a week at the beach calling my name, it's time to get back on track *cue throwing out all the leftover cupcakes from H's party*.

We still have a busy few weekends coming up before that but I know setting a timeline and giving myself a plan is the best way to get back on track. I'm not looking to lose X amount of lbs, but rather just eat a lot cleaner and get back into consistent working out so I lose the bloat and feel better overall. My insomnia has been so bad and I desperately need my energy back!

Lace up. One of the other reasons I gave myself an excuse to skip the gym more and more was because my feet have been KILLING ME after my runs. I know it's my crappy shoes but I'm getting some Brooks running shoes as an early birthday gift so I'm really hoping this helps. I'm looking forward to getting some outside runs in too now that the weather has warmed up. This is the perfect week to get back to my 3-4 gym sessions/week since Easter is coming up this weekend.

More greens, less grapes. This is sort of a multi-faceted topic that includes replacing my wine with more greens and just eating more plant-based and cleaner in general. Warm weather = sipping wine outside but I always find that this can sort of snowball into then ordering takeout and then feeling like crap the next day and then the whole weekend feels shot. Yesterday I did a green juice for breakfast, salad for lunch, we went on a long walk and then just sort of grazed for dinner and I woke up feeling a lot less bloated than I normally do on a Monday morning. I made a huge batch of detox lentil soup that I'm looking forward to eating all week for lunches. I also have a week of vegetarian dinners planned which I'm always excited for because whenever I eat plant-based I always feel my best. I'm thinking I might share that in a separate post.

Go to bed! Motherhood is a funny thing - despite how tired you are at the end of the day you almost always get a second wind once the baby is down for the night because it means "me-time" usually for the first moment in 12-13 hours. I've been in a viscious cycle of staying up late because I figure I'm going to be tired no matter what but I think this is leading to being over-tired and then I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep. I need to redirect that energy into heading off to the gym and then home to unwind and go to bed - I know my body and mind will thank me in the morning.

So that's basically it! I'm playing with the idea of doing progress pictures? Like I said, I'm not looking to lose any weight but just get back to eating clean, losing bloat and gaining strength and stamina. I have a whiny little man who needs a nap so until next time!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for new blog posts!

    I am so feeling this. My diet has been crap and I *think* I may finally be ready to do a little meal planning. I've also recently found I need to switch to more of a grazing style of eating, so I need to stock up on healthy snacks for work like hummus & carrots, fruit, etc. I need to hit the grocery store tonight...

    I also have been pretty loose with the gym. I was on a great schedule and then totally fell off. I need to get back to MWFs so I just don't even think about it. I kicked off the week with a 6 am CF class, so I am feeling pretty great about that!

    Let's do this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meal prep helps me so much! It's the last thing I want to do on Sundays but I find taking an hour to make a big batch of soup or wash and cut up all my fruits and veggies sets me in the right direction for the week. And you're a rock star with your workouts in my opinion! My exercise while pregnant was the extent of walks and squats around the house lol! Great job, mama :)

      Delete